Friday, September 26, 2008

Uh Thanks, I think.


Tenille gets A hair Cut.
Has this ever happened to you?
I'm sitting in the Hair Salon, waiting to see how Tenille's new A-line will look when one of the stylists comes over and starts chatting with me. I'm really not surprised by this because I had all the girls with me and frankly we are a stunning bunch. As we were talking I reveal to her that no I don't have all girls in fact I also have a son who is playing with a friend at the time. And here is what the stylist said to me, "Wow, you look really good for having four kids." Frankly I've heard this before but I have never felt it was a true compliment. To me its equivalent to saying, "Wow, if you would lose all your baby weight you would look really great."
This is not a compliment!!!
I don't mean to brag but apparently I have a pretty functional filter between my brain and my mouth. In this particular situation I would have said, if I were speaking to me, "Wow you are one hot mama." Who can see this is a back-handed compliment? No one, because it is not.
On the flip side of this post title:
I went to a friends house the other day because I couldn't reach her on the phone and I'm not exactly patient. You know I'm the "I want it and I want it now" girl, maybe that explains my kids behaviors. Any way I went to her house to ask her if her kids could come and play with my kids at my house. Adam barged his way in and my friend offered to let him stay at her house and play. Okay well I wanted to do something nice for you but it is true that Adam waits about as well as I do so hangin at the hair salon would probably be a fiasco. An hour later I went to pick him up and as we are saying our good byes, my son pukes all over me. I swear he showed no signs of illness all day so I was totally surprised. However, I wouldn't blame my friend if she too lays down in her bed tonight and says, "Ugh! Thanks Gina."

2 comments:

nate the great said...

You are a Hot Mama!!!

Rach said...

i wish i could have read all 4 books in 2 weeks. i read the first three twilight books in 5 days and then had to wait a year for the 4th one. which i read in one. i can't wait until all my kids are in school either and my least favorite comment that i have been getting lately at the gym is "you don't look like you could have had 3 kids" to me that translate as, this girl is just so lazy that her abs have just gone soft. after their comment i usually tell them that two of my kids were almost 10 lbs and my abs have taken a beating. i feel your pain girl. my mansion in heaven is never clean