Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mother Theresa

I saw this quote today and thought it was profound.
" It is poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish. "
The truth is at first I didn't totally get it, how are the two associated I wondered. As I have thought about it through the day I've realized some things.
Poverty does not always refer to money. I wonder if in this quote Mother Theresa was possibly referring to the poverty of character or possibly of society as a whole, maybe she was referring to the richness in the lives of loving parents too.
I'll make no statements referring to those who have chosen abortion in the past but to say that a nation who permits the killing of it's young, promotes a culture of carelessness, an attitude of quiting when things are hard, and an acceptance of shirking responsibility.
All of my readers should know by now that I have three children with a fatal genetic disease. That being said my days are filled with fun, crazy, tender, happy, loving, picturesque moments. My family brings me from the depths of poverty, helping me to recognize the rich blessings my Father in Heaven has given me.



1 comment:

The Boones said...

beautiful! =)
I also enjoyed "listening" to what you and Sharon had to say at work that night.
There's so much beauty in the world!