Thursday, November 20, 2008

She's Home

We're so excited to have a our happy baby happy again. Noelle came home from the hospital at about 6:30 last night. Needless to say the kids all stayed up a little late because we all wanted to love on our baby and watch her as she was soo excited to be home again. Here are some pics of the last week. I'm so excited, it's to pack up and go home!
This is just one of the "yellow monsters" that has been terrorizing our baby. She got to the point where she would almost cry every time one came into the room, but even at this age my babies are strong. Noelle had 4 different IV's in 8 days & 17 sticks, plus her bronch and g-tube placement.
so happy even though she is in a crummy metal cage.
The kids checking out the new g-tube. This was Monday afternoon and Noelle was still feeling pretty tender. She was able to handle the pain with just Tylenol and Motrin though. Nothing we could do about her hunger pains. She had nothing to eat/drink for 32 hours.
Sunday afternoon we all went to the hospital and had dinner together. Here are the kids showing off there smiles. Noelle has an NG tube up her nose and taped to the right cheek.
We are glad to be home and settling back into a normal life. Thanks to all those who've helped with dinners and childcare. We love you all so much.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Your children are so beautiful! I don't know how you leave for work cos those faces would make me melt before I hit the door. You're so blessed!!! I'm glad your baby is so dang tough, makes all this stress just a weency bit easier on you (less guilt for her being in pain).

A downhill marathon? Sounds doable. I tweaked my ankle at work last night so if that doesn't get worse, I'd love to train!

Jami said...

OH I am so glad that she is home. everytime I have driven by your house I have been in a huge hurry, I really want to stop by. I also have a major cold...i don't think you want me over there. Noelle is beauitful. She such a trooper, I can't imagain keeping Grace from eating for 36 hours!!! You are amazing, you are definetly winning mom of the year award.

Anne said...

I'm glad she's home! It looks like everyone missed her. I can't believe she had to fast for 32 hours! Will went from 7 PM to 3 PM before they started his surgery in April and it was torture waiting with him. I hope she feels better soon!