Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Perky blogging



To those of you following us:
It's true I did not post last week and If I thought it was worth an apology I would but who are we kidding it's not so I won't. Also I apparently lost my usb cable so no new pictures for a while.

This week Julianne has been home sick with swollen tonsils and complaints of sore throat, head ache and stomach ache. I took her to the pediatrician today and they put her on some nasal spray because she was negative for strep. Here is the big shocker: The pediatrician who was a fill in actually read her chart before coming in the room. He knew she had been seen a few months ago for the same thing! It was truly impressive to see a general practitioner doing some advance prep work, soooo rare in the current environment.

This morning we also took Noelle to her CF appointment. Have I mentioned how much I hate these appointments? Some time I'll explain why. Anyway, today was her follow-up to the infamous feeding tube threat. Her weight gain over the last 2 weeks was only 4 grams/day again. If I was a cusser I would say some bad words but I'm not so I'll just say EEEEEFFFFF!!!

Yes I've been reading fiction like a fiend for the last several weeks and some the books throw around that word occasionally and I'm pissed so I used the substitute. Should I be ashamed? Probably.

On the book topic, I think I have now read most of Sophie Kinsella and may I just say I do love the English. Their vocabulary is Hilarious. ie... Isn't my seatbelt bag just fab? She is looking so posh in those suede boots. The kids had a huge row. Also in England a flashlight is an electric torch (tee hee hee) I do think I could live there but a man I met on a train said the taxes are horrendous & they still have a queen. It reminds me of 'evil King Noah'.

So back to the tube. I'm realizing that I have spent quite a measurable amount of time over the last tenth months being ticked about the whole third CF'er thing. I'm actually wondering how I'll get through it especially since the last thing I feel like doing is serving others or going to the temple. I think I should be the recipient of some service.

Just so you know I probably would feel really bad if you read this post and came to offer me service, so maybe that isn't such a great idea. But if a complete stranger came to me and said "this is the only winner in last weeks powerball drawing, it's worth loads of money and you look like you deserve some random goodness", yes I would take it and cash it and the list of people I would share with is short.

Oh yeah, the title of this post: Perky blogging
Me not so much today. When I told my sister about my blog she said something along the lines of, "I think a lot of that is false advertising, People only post the things that are happy and nice."

Well, eeeffff that. I'm convinced that if we all would share our sorrows a little more we might be able to help each other and actually be a resource for one another, but alas I am just a lowly . . .

One more thing to rant about, don't call me and say you think I/we should pray that . . . It drives me nuts and if that is your contribution to this just keep it. I am not an idiot and neither is my husband. If you're just thinking of it now, we are probably already doing it.

Okay I promise the next post will be upbeat and positive. No Ranting!!

6 comments:

Rach said...

I rant sometimes on my blog to. It is a nice place to air out some things. plus it's also nice to get things off your chest. Since I live in a different state I won't show up at your door offering service, but if there is anything i can do for the great sunshine state of CA we will. Damon and I are so amazed at the challenges you guys face and that you still push through. I only have 1 sick kid and it isn't half as bad as your situation and yet i complain. i love the shop a holic books. i love everything Kinsella has written. the undomestic goddess was hilarious. and i quite agree about the british. i love how they call a line a que and a stroller a primm and a diaper a nappy. it's classic. and it's ok to have a bad day.

Jami said...

I promise that I won't tell you to pray about it...or tell you to have more faith!
I will tell you that this post was funny as ever! I just love how honest you are. I like to be honest on my blog too...a lot of people think I am negative..I think I am just realistic.

Koren said...

I'm thinking ice cream maybe better than telling you to pray. By the way Jane Green is funny too, and I love Jenifer Weiner.

AZ Wrights said...

I love how you just put it out there!
After your last post I was....well...speechless. We love you guys.

Unknown said...

It's your blog - you can be all shiny & happy and you can rant and rave. And you have plenty to rant about. Have you already made the appt for a feeding tube placement?

And I hardly get to see you - even if I do, it's hardly the right place to give you an ear to vent. Man, I gotta arrange another Girls' crafty night so you can have an outlet.

I recently met up w/Meagan, Jan, Susan, and Debbie for lunch - had I used my brain, I would have invited you too. We're gonna try to have another lunch in November. Consider yourself included.

The Boones said...

Oh! =( That's a lot! =( That's a hard decision. And it's totally okay to rant and rave...I do it all the time! =) you've heard me at work! Which by the way, thank you for! =) Let me know if there's something I can do to help...like Swiss Bread...? I still don't know what that is...but I could find some! =)
Books are awesome! And yeah...