Friday, October 31, 2008

Tribute

Imagine: I stand on the stage, in front of the masses. In my two capable hands I clutch the newest honor to my name: The Holy-Stink You Are Amazing Award. FYI this trophy is a tasteful mix of fine metals and crystal, depicting a woman wearing scrubs and a gorgeous seatbelt bag which is overflowing with coloring books, bottles, fruit snacks, diapers, sippie cups, baby rattles, a clean pair of children's underwear and a thoroughly worn set of scriptures. She is bent over the bed of a young man with two broken arms hanging in an overhead trapeze and she is holding up his massive leg by the external fixator while the PA changes a dressing on this young dare devils leg.
Yes I have been awarded The Holy-Stink You are Amazing Award. Here is my acceptance speech.
Thank you so much, this means so much to me. There are so many people I need to thank, let me start at the top.
I'd like to thank my Father in Heaven. Yes the load is heavy, Yes I usually think you got this one wrong. However Father in Heaven I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the scriptures, I know thou makest no mistake. Thank you for showing me how far I can stretch.
Thank you to my husband. Ours is truly a relationship crippled by our human-ness, yet we are lifted by the same things. Thank you for your stubborn love for a stubborn woman. Thank you for being the man who works so hard to give me what I want. I measure myself in accomplishments and I know that I haven't gained anything but for the love and support you have given me.
Thank you to my mother and step-father. For knowing that I needed rescuing and saving me when I couldn't ask for it. My children love you, I love you, my husband loves you.
Thank you to Al Gore for inventing the Internet, thus enabling me to blog and write things I have such a hard time saying.
Thank you also to those who are following me through my blog. Last night I was at work and reading blogs. I was so excited to see that people are following me. To the person I've never met, it made my night to see that you were interested.
There are so many who have been left off the list, don't feel bad if you weren't mentioned, Know that I thank you also.

8 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I love this whole blogging world thing. Thanks for finding me and leaving a message so I could find you too.

Rach said...

Thanks for sending the award my way. You definitely deserve it. You are definitely a more patient and enduring person than i am. Enjoy Halloween.

Anne said...

I'm grateful that Al Gore invented the internet, too! It's great to keep in touch. I really think you are patient and we admire you and Nathan. I had a good laugh about the stubborn woman (I definitely identify with that!) Are you guys going to Philips open house? We'd love to see everyone!

Kristin said...

Haha you're so funny. You crack my white booty.

AZ Wrights said...

Holy stink...you ARE amazing!!:)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are doing this. now I can keep tabs on you and your family! I miss you guys and hope things are bearable for you. I sometimes feel Heavenly Father has made a mistake too, but alas he never has.

Koren said...

Well done, completely deserved!

The Boones said...

hehe love reading your blogs! blogs are indeed wonderful! =)